Thank you for choosing Texas Fixer for your technical needs.
Service Dates: 12-28-2022 & 12-29-2022
Subject: Transfer data from old laptop to new laptop and external drive. Stop I Drive account, no longer using.
Old Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L55
New Laptop: HP Laptop
Work: Ran into issues with the Toshiba, no reboots in over 400 days and no updates. Laptop is dragging. Rebooted, ran updates and got the data transferred to both new laptop, and the external drive provided.
She is not using I Drive, I disabled the renewal so she is not charged any more.
Ran updates on the new laptop as well. Hardware and Windows are up to date.
A few suggestions:
- Make sure you reboot your PC at least once a month.
- Make sure to run windows updates at least once a month.
- Let the laptop get on the internet at least once a week so it can sync with One Drive and back up your documents.
- Anti Virus is using Microsoft Defender. Make sure the PC gets on line so it can get the needed updates to keep you secure.
- Make sure to put the laptop on line at least once a month for a while to catch up with updates for Windows and the Anti Virus.